Saturday 15 January 2011

Yet more Salmon & Wasabi

I love them both so the third recipie is a bit like the first - well not really - but they both have salmon & wasabi in them (oh and brown rice) but that could well be where the similarity ends. So tonight I made Miso-lime salmon with Wasabi Rice and Green Onions - Page 119 

The recipie makes LOADS of the marinade for the salmon - next time I'd half the quantity as it just went to waste - sorry to the lime and miso that were unnecessarily sacrificed in the making of this dish.  I just used Salmon fillets - have no idea what darnes are and there were none in Sainsburys.  In the photo in the book it definately looks like there is spinach through the rice but there's none in the recipie so either they sneakily put it in and forgot to mention it or they used mutant coriander that looks like spinach - you decide.


Now it looks rather grey and uninspiring in my photo - but thats my poor photography - nowt to do with the recipie! (anyone want to brighten it up with photoshop for me?) I added edamame soya beans to the mix but would also add the mystery spinach next time.  And there will be a next time as it was lush.  Even girl ate most of it.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love going to Giraffe so I'll be following your blog with interest. Are the recipes fairly idiot proof?
    Zoe x
    DiamondSolitaire blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently "Darnes" is french for steak as in Salmon Steak... not endearing me to the cookbook if it doesn't explain that and the mouli thingy. Looking forward to more recipies. Day 2 looked nice. Am tempted to try those

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Havisham it does say "Salmon Darnes - the middle cut" whatever that means?!

    *Zoe* Depends how foolproof you need it to be! The recipies do have lots of ingreedients and some unusual ones. I reckon I'm a pretty competent cook and its fine for me but may not be for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete