Saturday 15 January 2011

I should be a Cookery Book Editor

Look up the index and it says that you will find Griddled Turkey Breast Fillets with Sage, Lemon & Pine Nut Pesto on Page 91 but you won't - its actually on Page 89 - spooky!  But thats not the last spooky thing about this recipie.  No matter how many times I read it it just didn't make sense.  The Salsa and the Pesto intructions were all muddled up and you were supposed to leave something in the fridge overnight but it doesn't say what.  I have a feeling someone somewhere may be getting their wrists slapped!

So I emailed the peeps and Giraffe and they emailed me right back "Please don’t lose confidence.  I will make sure I get you the correct recipe and I will be taking these issues up with the publishers first thing tomorrow as this is obviously a huge miss print on their behalves. I will definately get back to you in the next few days, and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this mishap has caused you."

Next day they get back to me with the correct recipie and the offer of a Gift Voucher for the resturant - RESULT!

But here's the real result...


Not to sure about it tbh  Definately the least special of the dishes I've cooked so far.  The Pesto was way too strong and overpowered by the garlic.  Don't think I'll be cooking it again - but if you like the sound of it here are the proper instructions... meanwhile I have a £20 Giraffe voucher to spend!

Step 1 complete as specified in the book
Step 2  finely chop or crush the garlic using some salt and the flat blade of a knife, then combine lemon juice, olive oil, chopped parsley and coriander . mix the marinade well and then add the turkey fillets rolling in the marinade, cover with cling film  and leave for 20mins or overnight. 
Step 3 preheat the grill or a fry pan and cook each fillet for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through
Step 4 place the turkey fillets on the plate leaning against some  mash or rice and spoon over a good dollop of the fresh pine nut pesto, serve with a wedge or lemon ( flavour hint, add the lemon wedge cut side down and cook till golden, then serve with cooked turkey )

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this...I've just finished making the pesto and realised the recipe in the book made very little sense! You saved dinner :)

    ReplyDelete