Monday 28 February 2011

Another 3 legged Giraffe

I've found another error in the book.  If you were making Goats Cheese, Caramelised Onion and Mushroom Pizza Tostada with Rocket and Pine Nuts - Page 97, it would be reasonable to expect it to actually contain caramelised onions, mushrooms and pine nuts?!  They are in the title but nowhere to be found in the list of ingreedients or method.  In reverse the ingreedients include 16 cherry tomatoes yet no mention in the method of what to do with them.  Yet again no photo to offer guidance or clues.  I'm begining to wonder who, if anyone, tried these recipies out prior to publication...

I again emailed the peeps at Giraffe who seem to be a wee bit embarrassed by it now.  But not embarrassed enough to offer me any more gift vouchers or to come back to me (as yet) with the correct recipe.  So what I eventually made was an inspired by version rather than the lopsided real deal.



To give them credit usung flat bread as the base for a pizza is a pretty good idea and I'd definately use it in this way again.  No idea what the required Lebanese flat bread is but the garlic and parsley version I used was delicious.  From then on in I did pretty much my own thing.  Pasata on the flatbread followed by a topping of Mozarella, Goats Cheese, Spinach Leaves, Olives and Shiitake Mushrooms, then topped it off with the rocket just before eating (but after photographing!)  Mr added peppers and chicken to his whilst Boy and Girl went further astray with ham, pineapple and wait for it - baked beans!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you managed to save the day with your substitution - looks yummy! Can I put in a request? I would love to see you make the BBQ chicken and smoked cheddar quesidillas. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and so pleased that you are enjoying my blog. I shall bump the BBQ chicken one up to the top of my to cook list!

    ReplyDelete